sawthinkar

sawthinkar

  • Is it usual to store newly updated email, which is yet to be verified, in Nebulex Cache?

Instead of storing email in the database, and then setting the verified_email field to true, can I send the Cache key, which probably lasts a day, to the user along with an URL in the confirmation email, and only when user confirms the link, the email which is stored as the Cache value will then be stored in the database.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

NobbZ

NobbZ

I’m not sure about the guarantees nebulex gives you so I ask you 3 questions:

  1. Does Nebulex guarantee to hold the cached values even after recovering from a systems crash or reboot?
  2. Does Nebulex guarantee to not purge before the time is over because there are too many cache entries so far?
  3. Is it acceptable for your user to redo the registering process if Nebulex forgot the key because of one of the former bulletpoints?

PS: The database (as a persistence layer) usually guarantees to keep the data in cases of 1 and 2, therefore I’d prefer the database over a caching layer, which is usually free to purge data early.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

eahanson
Join us in October for a hangout in the Mission! We’re bringing this meetup back to life with more formal meetups (presentations, demos, ...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews