Using PrometheusPhoenix with Phoenix 1.5

Hi all,

I am trying to setup PrometheusPhoenix with Phoenix 1.5.

The library says in the documentation, to use instrumenters: [ ... ] in the Endpoint config in config.exs file, but after doing that Phoenix is complaining :instrumenters configuration for MyApp.Endpoint is deprecated and has no effect.

I assume I should somehow attach the handler to the Telemetry, but I don’t know how. Any idea how to solve this will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

There is TelemetryMetricsPrometheus library, unfortunately it is completely separate from prometheus library, which mean that these two do not get along very well.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. So for example, what should I do if I want to track how many websocket messages my endpoint receives? Is the channel emitting some telemetry events by default? Or should I add those manually? Sorry, I am lost a bit in this whole topic. :slight_smile:

It seems, that right now, there are some events but these aren’t documented (at least I cannot find them, and Plug.Telemetry will not be fired for sockets). There is some work on integrating Telemetry directly with Cowboy, which should solve your problems on higher level.

1 Like