tallakt

tallakt

I am using Elixir for a simple script that I wanted to use as a single file script rather than a full mix project. My simplified script looks like this:

Mix.install([ 
  :req, 
  {:toml, "~> 0.7.0"},
  {:elixir_uuid, "~> 1.2"}
])

IO.puts("?")

If I delete the Mix.install parts the script runs to completion. On my Mac the script runs fine without deleting anything. On windows though, the script just ends without doing anything of interest.

Is Windows support just too poor or am I doing something wrong here?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

cmo

cmo

I’ve had no problems with them.

How are you running it?

tallakt

tallakt OP

I am doing

C:\Users\tallakt>elixir test.exs
==> elixir_uuid
Compiling 1 file (.ex)
warning: use Bitwise is deprecated. import Bitwise instead
  lib/uuid.ex:2: UUID (module)


C:\Users\tallakt>elixir --version
Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.0.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]

Elixir 1.15.4 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

C:\Users\tallakt>

Could it be that I am running on Arm Windows (using Mac and Parallels)?

I also see now I am getting a erl_crash_dump startig with the lines

=erl_crash_dump:0.5
Mon Oct 23 22:29:33 2023
Slogan: Runtime terminating during boot ({badarg,[{ets,lookup_element,[elixir_modules,Elixir.MIME,2],[{_}]},{elixir_module,data_tables,1,[{_},{_}]},{Elixir.Kernel.Typespec,deftypespec,6,[{_},{_}]},{Elixir.Inspect.Integer,__impl__,1,[]},{Elixir.Inspect,impl_for,1,[{_},{_}]},{Elixir.Inspect,inspect,2,[{_},{_}]},{Elixir.Inspect.Algebra,container_each,6,[{_},{_}]},{Elixir.Inspect.Algebra,container_doc,6,[{_},{_}]}]})
System version: Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.0.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]
Taints: asn1rt_nif,crypto
Atoms: 26864
Calling Thread: scheduler:1

And it installs perfectly on an Intel machine

D4no0

D4no0

How are you installing OTP on your arm windows? I would suggest building it from source, as this seems to be a problem related to some nifs.

tallakt

tallakt OP

I had a look. It looks like an option, but it could not be feasible in our organization due to the complexities involved, and to support this single script

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews