fireproofsocks
I just stumbled across wallaby – it’s a great library! I’m wondering if anyone has included chromedriver (or some other browser) in a mix release? Is it enough to ensure that the target machine has a viable version of chromedriver installed so when the release binary runs, a working version of chromedriver is available? Or would a different approach be preferred?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads.
This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mhanberg
Wallaby is focused on being a testing library, and has some calls to ExUnit in it that will not be available in a release.
But, assuming you might fork and remove that (I think it’s one call to
ExUnit.after_suite/1), you have two options.The easiest is to just ensure that you have chrome and chromedriver installed on your host.
The latter would be to package them into your priv folder, make sure that gets copied into your release, and then configure Wallaby to look in those places for chromedriver and chrome.
fireproofsocks
Thanks! I see that it is geared towards a testing library, but it has most of the levers I need while doing some fetching that requires some javascript awareness.
onnimonni
I would be also be interested to use wallaby outside tests. This would be very nice since some data sources are not crawlable without evaluating the related javascript in the site.
Wallaby has nice syntax for that. If there are other recommendations on retrieving data like this I would be very interested.
I have used puppeteer and puppeteer-ruby bindings on my earlier hobby projects but I would want to try elixir this time.
mhanberg
Please see this discussion and the linked to answer: Testing a Javascript app with Elixir-Wallaby · elixir-wallaby/wallaby · Discussion #710 · GitHub.
Edit: Sorry, responded too soon before scrolling up to the see the rest of the thread. This is probably not the answer you are looking for
.
Morzaram
For anyone looking for a way to use current wallaby in production and hitting
ExUnit.after_suite/1What worked for me is to include
:ex_unitin your extra_applications