lpil
Creator of Gleam
Hello everyone! The latest version of Gleam is out, v0.13. I’ve written a blog post detailing what’s new in this release here:
I hope you enjoy it, and I’m looking forward to hearing what you think. Thanks!
Trending in Erlang News
A new Erlang announcement has been posted:
Original announcement:
New
Patch Package: OTP 29.1.1
Git Tag: OTP-29.1.1
Date: 2026-09-22
Trouble Report Id: OTP-...
New
Patch Package: OTP 27.3.4.18
Git Tag: OTP-27.3.4.18
Date: 2026-09-22
Trouble Report Id: ...
New
Patch Package: OTP 28.5.0.7
Git Tag: OTP-28.5.0.7
Date: 2026-09-22
Trouble Report Id: ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
stefanluptak
Wow! Those error messages are awesome.
Good job.
lpil
Greg did an excellent job!
josevalim
Indeed! Looking at his PR made me put on my todo-list to rewrite Elixir’s parser at some point.
One of the things that I would love to see how Gleam would tackle with its own parser, just so I can get inspired by/copy it, is intelisense. The thing about intelisense is that you are often working on imcomplete code. For example, imagine you wrote:
And the cursor is right after the plus. Or, similarly:
The intellisense needs to understand or complete the code in order to understand its surrounds (for example, variables defined in the same function) and so on. I think having a custom parser helps with that but I am not sure if that’s true in practice!
EDIT: and congrats on the release!
lpil
I’ve not looked much at how LSP works but I think you’re right. With this customer parser lots of little tooling and error message niceties that seemed difficult have become much easier. I should have done this from the start!
Thank you!
Crowdhailer
Pushed a 0.13.2 docker release