pejrich

pejrich

I have some code like this:

defmodule Unicode do
  @derive Phoenix.Param
  defstruct [id: "U+0041"]
  def dummy, do: %__MODULE__{}
end

<.link href={~p"/path/#{Unicode.dummy()}"}>some link</.link>

The issue is that VerifiedRoutes(it’s not Phoenix.Param as it stops if I remove the ~p) is encoding the interpolated portion to U%2B0041. The issue is that since a + is valid in the path component of a URL, the browser doesn’t decode it, so the URL in the address bar shows the encoded version of the URL which is not exactly pretty. The route still works, but it just looks a bit ugly.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here with URL encoding? I notice that URI will correctly decode the route, and also if I try to encode it again with URI is seems to keep it as U+0041, which seems to support that the + is allowed there. Does anyone know if there’s a reason this gets encoded by VerifiedRoutes? For now i’m just leaving the ~p off.

Also interestingly it seems to only do it if it’s interpolated. If I plug a string directly into the ~p it keeps the + as a +. When I interpolate it, it gets encoded.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

This might be to disambiguate the uri percent encoding where + may or may not be percent encoded vs. the application/x-www-form-urlencoded encoding where a literal + is an alternative encoding for a space and equivalent to %20.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews