Video series on solving the Protohackers.com challenges in Elixir

Hey friends, today I published the first video of a new series I’m making, where I solve the challenges on Protohackers (see my tweet announcing this).

The video is here:

I’ll post new videos in this thread as I publish them, so stay tuned if you’re interested! :blush:

21 Likes

Nice one Andrea! I think a lot of people will find this series helpful! :smiley:

Btw, this is totally off-topic but if anyone is interested, the plant in the background is (I think!) a Monstera Swiss Cheese Plant - many people use them to help purify the air and a number of plants have been studied by NASA and shown to reduce toxins in the air such as formaldehyde. If you spend a large amount of time working indoors, esp in a town or city, then you may want to consider getting some.

2 Likes

The second video is live!

5 Likes

Third video is up :tv:

4 Likes

Fourth video is up :tv:

4 Likes

One more, where we talk UDP :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

New video Dropped™, this time it’s active sockets and more OTP architecture :sunglasses: Hope you enjoy!

4 Likes

Best one yet (IMO!) just live :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This one was a doozy! I appreciated the way you structured the video & how you talked through your rationale for each section :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s great to see you’re still doing these Andrea!

I’d actually love to see an Elixir course from you (perhaps with some of the other core team members) especially now you’ve stepped things up on the visual (and perhaps more importantly) audio front :003: (is that a Rode NT Mini you’re using? Fantastic little mics!)

Thanks @AstonJ, appreciate it. I would love to do a course at some point, who knows :wink:

(That’s a Rode NT-USB Mini, yep!)

1 Like

Oooone more video, scalable + reliable UDP this time!

2 Likes

Last video of the series is out. ThousandIsland time :upside_down_face: Thanks for everyone who watched!

2 Likes