Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Background

So recently I moved in to Vim 8.1, trying to have an IDE I can simply take to any UNIX machine.
As part of this process, I am now picking which plugins to use for Elixir.

Objective

I miss a lot the ability to fold code. Thus naturally I am looking for an Elixir folding plugin for Vim, but I only found 1:

That’s it. It has no documentation on the Readme nor any additional install install information for PlugInstall which I use.

I also found a blog:

http://blog.nathansplace.co.uk/2018/vim_folding_swagger_elixir

But it is for swagger comments which I don’t really care about nor use.

If this sounds like a silly post, please notice I have just recently moved to Vim and I am still learning.

Question

  • Which code folders to you use for Elixir in your Vim setup?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

hauleth

hauleth

What does :echo &foldmethod return? I am using syntax with just vim-elixir and everything works as expected without any problems.

Vim supports few different folding methods and you need to be sure that you use the one you want.

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x OP

returns “manual”

hauleth

hauleth

So you need to manually create folds. If you want more automatic solution then add:

set foldmethod=syntax

in your $MYVIMRC and it will work.

tomkonidas

tomkonidas

I wouldn’t look at a specific Elixir folding plugin, look more general Vim. Maybe this will help? How to fold

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews