peter-de-boer
I am using vim-elixir for syntax highlighting in vim, but it does not support liveview code very well.
Does anybody know a vim syntax highlighting plugin that supports liveviews?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mickel8
Take a look at
vim-polyglot. It might support itsoup
Do you mean
(l)eextemplates? Or the actual LiveView modules - which should just be the same as normal old elixir, right?peter-de-boer
That only supports the vim-elixir plugin that I am already using, I do not see anything else Phoenix/Elixir related there.
peter-de-boer
I am seeing mainly issues inside <%= %> tags.
On https://github.com/elixir-editors/vim-elixir it is stated that it does not support Live views yet.
I understand that these <%= %> tags are actually part of Elixir, is that correct? (Sorry, I am fairly new to Phoenix/Elixir). So I am not sure if the plugin does not support these tags at all, or only not if they are part of a live view module.
andreaseriksson
I have vim-elixir and it works fine. And have for some time. Both in ~L sigil and using a template file.
Make sure to clean out your old files vim plug installations and re-install them. I think that for me, an update didnt just work.
peter-de-boer
Good to know it should be working!
I did not have any old plug installations at all. Recently moved to a new system (Ubuntu on WSL), and I had not even a .vim directory. So it was a first and fresh installment of vim-elixir.
Just to note: there is syntax coloring inside the rendering stuff, it just is done inconsistently. You do not see any inconsistencies at all?
soup
I don’t personally enable any syntax highlighting, so not sure how that performs. I did have trouble with indentation sometimes.
I use Temple to write my templates though, which are “just elixir”, so the normal tooling works really well there.