koudelka

koudelka

Hey Friends!

I wanted to announce the next release of Visualixir, the somewhat amusing cluster visualizer, version 0.1.99999999.

You can now visualize your entire cluster and watch multiple “conversations” between your processes, all in a single flat space. Huge gifs incoming!

Cluster Selection

Conversions

I think it’s really valuable when you’re teaching Elixir/BEAM concepts to show folks a visual representation of their cluster/nodes, the interconnected supervisions trees, as well as showing conversations happening between processes in real time.

I’ve been hacking on this on and off over the last year or so, and I’m entering a busy part of my life, so I wont be able to tend to it as much as I’d like, but I wanted to put it in your hands rather than let it rot in obscurity.

It’s about as far from perfect as it can be, in fact, it can be downright frustrating to chase processes around. The code is prototype grade, but if you fancy working on it, I absolutely welcome PRs. :gift_heart: There are a couple of spots that might be fun to hack on:

  • Interpreting OTP messages in conversations, rather than just showing raw contents.
  • Moving from SVG to WebGL.
  • Rewriting d3’s force-directed graph and convex hull algorithms in Elixir, to port to LiveView.
  • Adding the ability to resize and close conversations.
  • Adding a “freeze” button to make chasing down processes less annoying.
  • Adding a search box to find processes.
  • Bug fixes! :wink:

I hope it proves of some use! :sunny:

Showing Posts 1 to 1

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I keep tossing up viualixir on my projects on occasion, I love watching it, lol. ^.^

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews