dimitarvp
Hey community,
I am working on several related projects. They are path dependencies and not in an umbrella.
The code is compiling and running fine when I work on the command line only. My problem is how to make VS Code (with vscode-elixir and ElixirLS plugins installed) not complain about not being able to find modules in the other projects.
I already added all projects to the workspace. Problem is, all projects except the one that was the first in the workspace don’t have .elixir_ls directories which means Code is not compiling them at all.
I didn’t have problems with monorepo projects so far but this is a multi-repo project.
Is there a cure?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AlchemistCamp
Hmm… I’m surprised
vscode-elixiris causing problems, but I’ve long-since disabledElixirLSdue to it underlining literally every single line in mymix.exsfile when I work from WSL.Can you make the other projects deps of the first one?
dimitarvp
Truthfully I figured I will just save the workspace file and restart Code. Now it has been crunching something for at least 45 minutes – on a high-end PC nonetheless! But the red highlights (errors) disappeared and it only started showing the few warnings I was already aware of.
I’ll wait for it to finish and post if things have improved. I’d hate to accept my own answer saying “welp I only had to restart it” but if that’s the solution then why not.
LostKobrakai
In the output panel you can switch to the ElixirLS output to see if it logged the errors is had.
NobbZ
Which version of Elixir and Erlang and operating system? I’m remembering some issues with dialyzer under certain circumstances that would make dialyzer run into an infinite loop…
dimitarvp
dimitarvp
Trouble is, initially it logged nothing, was just highlighting inter-project dependencies in red. It’s alright now, after a restart and 1h of 100% CPU – as stupid as it sounds.
dimitarvp
Called it – a restart of Code somehow fixed it. Even though it took it 1 hour of 100% loaded 4 CPU cores.
Sorry for the noise.
NobbZ
Please remind that vscode might not see the
asdfexecutables, but rather the ones of the system wide installations, depending on the way you start vscode.Especially if you start vscode from the GUI rather than a treminal, the ELS will use the systems runtime.
dimitarvp
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to mention that I am indeed just starting Code like so in the terminal:
code &. That way it gets the extra $PATH entries that theasdfshims inject. I specifically removed the system-wide Elixir installation to make sure a few weeks ago.