satoru
I’ve installed vscode-elixir and autocomplete works as expected when I’m editing single files.
But when I create projects with mix new, the autocomple doesn’t work.
It’s quite weird, when I run code something.ex in the root of the project directory, autocomplete works. But it doesn’t work for mix.exs in the same directory.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Wagyu is a user-mode WireGuard library for Elixir.
It allows you to create an encrypted tunnel to another WireGuard peer and then tunnel...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Dusty
Hi @satoru,
The community has rallied behind the ElixirLS extension, which is the most actively maintained. Perhaps see if it serves your purpose?
satoru
I’ve tried ElixirLS but it crashes every time with errors like:
Dusty
Could you post your setup (OS, versions of Elixir, VS Code, ElixirLS, etc)?
satoru
OS: macOS
Started ElixirLS v0.4.0
Elixir version: “1.10.3 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 22)”
Erlang version: "23
It seems that it’s two
textDocument/xxxrequests that are failing.I’ve Googled some of the error messages but find nothing useful.
When I googled “ElixirLS crash” I saw someone mentioned that it might be caused by the dependency to something called “dialyzer”. But ElixirLS still crashed even after I disabled “dialyzer” in the configuration.
mergefailure
Thanks for pasting the ‘ElxirLS Copy Debug info’ output.
mix compileworks? The project compiles correctly from the command line?satoru
I don’t know what’s happening but after I disabled
ElixirLSand reinstallvscode-elixir, autocomplete is working again even for mix projects.lukaszsamson
I wouldn’t expect
vscode-elixirto work properly on anything newer than elixir 1.5. it uses an over 3 years oldelixir_sensedependancy. A lot has changed in elixir internals since then (especially in 1.7 and 1.10).@satoru Could you post a more complete error log from
ElixirLS?. Also how did you install erlang and elixir?Please note that for
ElixirLSto work other extensions may need to be disabled.satoru
Thanks for replying.
My Erlang and Elixir are installed with homebrew.
The complete error log:
SPrio-kt
I prefer you to install erlang and elixir using asdf https://github.com/asdf-vm/asdf-elixir and then uninstall ElixirLS and reinstall it. I hop[e this will fix your issue.
lukaszsamson
Thanks. It looks like your project dir is set to
nilfor some reason.It’s crashing in line
Try setting it to
.in extension settings