anhari

anhari

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I’ve been getting back into elixir over the past few weeks, so I decided it was finally time to build a VS Code extension that I’ve been thinking about for awhile - a test runner that supports multiple languages and testing frameworks.

So far I’ve wired up elixir and ruby, but I hope to grow it into something like GitHub - vim-test/vim-test: Run your tests at the speed of thought · GitHub over time, which was the source of inspiration. The test runner currently supports:

  • Running tests for the current line number
  • Running tests for a file
  • Configuring your project for running the entire test suite
  • Configuring your project for running just your unit tests
  • Rerunning the last test command
  • Opening alternate files (i.e. bounce from test file to source file, and back again)

If you’re a vscode-vim user, you can wire up leader keys for running test commands with something like this in your settings.json:

{
      "before": ["<leader>", "s"],
      "commands": ["vscode-test.runLineTests"]
    },
    {
      "before": ["<leader>", "l"],
      "commands": ["vscode-test.runLastTests"]
    },
    {
      "before": ["<leader>", "t"],
      "commands": ["vscode-test.runFileTests"]
    },
    {
      "before": ["<leader>", "a"],
      "commands": ["vscode-test.runAllTests"]
    },
    {
      "before": ["<leader>", "u"],
      "commands": ["vscode-test.runAllUnitTests"]
    },

You can view my dotfiles to see how I’ve set it up. Also, it should be easy to bind them to hotkeys if that’s more your thing :slight_smile:

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews