bottlenecked

bottlenecked

Hi all, does anyone have any tips on how to best interact with <select> elements? After some experimentation I managed to get my test working by sending keys to the element but not by clicking

# this worked
session
|> send_keys(Query.select("List"), ["Option name"])

# this didn't
session
# note: after the following click a take_screenshot shows that the options do not appear open
|> click(Query.css("select"))
|> click(Query.option("Option name")

Sending keys is not how most users interact with the select boxes, so I’d be interested in learning about alternative approaches.

Showing Posts 1 to 3

mhanberg

mhanberg

Expert LSP Core Team

Clicking the option tag is generally how I do it. (Only the option, no need to click the select)

One thing to consider is anther you’re working with a native select element or a JS drop down widget (that probably reimplements it all using other elements).

bottlenecked

bottlenecked OP

Thank you for your answer, I guess that will do :slight_smile:

Yes, it was just a plain select box, nothing fancy

dblack

dblack

Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread!

I’m a massive Wallaby newb and was struggling with selects. I was thankful for the solution here but just wanted to add how I limited the scope to selecting an option in a specific select. Probably dead simple if you know how, but took me a bit of figuring out, and might help the next newb who finds this!

session
|> find(Query.select("Some select"), fn select ->
  click(select, Query.option("Some option"))
end)
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews