We started a daily Elixir Newsletter - Elixir Merge

Elixir Merge is a daily Elixir newsletter showcasing the best of the Elixir community news, tutorials, videos, podcasts, and blog posts.

We wanted to create a daily newsletter to keep up to date with everything that is going on in the community, whilst keeping it from being overwhelming (each edition is only 2 links!)

We’ve been working on this for a couple of weeks and we’ve already sent 15k editions and sent over 3k clicks to Elixir content creators :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Nice, thanks for that. I feel daily might be a bit too often for me though. Would you consider either:

1. Allowing subscribers to choose frequency of received updates, or
  2. Have web version of the entire newsletter so people who didn’t subscribe at the beginning can still check what was there before they subscribed?

…or both?

8 Likes

I am not a newsletter guy; an RSS feed would be nice.

3 Likes

Yeah, both of things are on our roadmap! :tada:

That’s a great suggestion! There’s a couple of good services that allow you to convert newsletters into an RSS feed too in the meantime.

Sounds cool. Add a flash message, I clicked subscribe and it sort of just refreshed - unclear if I subscribed or not. I’m assuming I did. :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s weird. Thank you, I’ll have a look into that!