spizzy

spizzy

Hey, so I built a simple authentication system with Phoenix.

I make a Post request to my /signup and /login route. The signup route works fine and all the user data (email, pw, username) is saved in the database.
But when trying to sign up (with correct data) I get “Access to fetch at ‘http://localhost:4000/login’ has been blocked by CORS policy”. My frontend is Port 3000, my phoenix backend is Port 4000. I already added cors to my router, tho here is my router.

defmodule TestWeb.Router do
  use TestWeb, :router

  pipeline :api do
    plug TestWeb.Plugs.RateLimiter
    plug CORSPlug, origin: "*"
    plug :accepts, ["json"]
    plug TestWeb.Plugs.AuthPlug
  end

  scope "/", TestWeb do
    pipe_through :api

    post "/login", UserController, :login
    post "/signup", UserController, :signup
    get "/test", UserController, :test

    # CORS
    options "/login", UserController, :login
    options "/signup", UserController, :signup
    options "/test", UserController, :test
  end
end

If needed, here is how the whole thing works WianFjr8O8 | SourceBin

Showing Posts 1 to 5

derek-zhou

derek-zhou

May not be phoenix, the problem could be in your browser. Some browser blocks local CORS for no apparent reasons.

spizzy

spizzy OP

oh really, now way. but there is no issue with the router right?

derek-zhou

derek-zhou

Check the response headers, which can be seen from the browser debug tool, to make sure.

spizzy

spizzy OP

there is a lot of informations but policy is strict-origin-when-cross-origin

spizzy

spizzy OP

removed plug cors, this is how my router.ex looks like

defmodule TestWeb.Router do
  use TestWeb, :router

  pipeline :api do
    plug TestWeb.Plugs.RateLimiter
    plug :accepts, ["json"]
    plug TestWeb.Plugs.AuthPlug
  end

  scope "/", TestWeb do
    pipe_through :api

    post "/login", UserController, :login
    post "/signup", UserController, :signup
    get "/test", UserController, :test

    # CORS stuff :(
    options "/login", UserController, :login
    options "/signup", UserController, :signup
    options "/test", UserController, :test
  end
end

My endpoint.ex looks like this

plug Corsica, origins: "*"

but what else do I have to add? because in the endpoint file I cant use pipeline as its a unknown function

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews