What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

Besides tracking new hex packages and browsing this forum, I’m currently working on a good approach for dynamically creating Phoenix channels with dynamic subsets of presences server-side to establish incoming call routing for my startup AskVira.

3 Likes

I’ve read (Programming Elixir and Programming Phoenix), made a presentation and presented it (Introduction to Phoenix and Elixir), and now I’m working on building a project to help with distributed web applications, creating open source packages in Elixir as I go. The first one of these is Breaker.

Oh, and I’m looking for an Elixir-related job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m learning Elixir while making an IRC bot

4 Likes

Just finished little project inspired by Nth Prime in Elixir exercise from Exercism. I’ve implemented Sieve of Eratosthenes prime numbers search algorithm with different Elixir/Erlang structres: ETS, Array, Map, MapSet and List. And made a simple speed/efficiency comparison: https://github.com/yuriibodarev/elixir_primes

4 Likes

Right now I’m reading “Binaries, strings, and char lists” of “Getting Started” guide and have began to read “Introducing Elixir” O’Reilly book.

2 Likes

Right now:

5 Likes

Currently I am working on learning Elixir through reading docs and starting a small project.

2 Likes

I’m writing tests for my toy url shortener app.
Trying to figure out how Elixir test works - like does it start the whole application while testing?

2 Likes

I am working on Pull Request #5841 which will add the possibility to convert and compare across varying calendar representations to Elixir. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still just dabbling for now. I’ve been looking at more general stuff on functional data structures, which is interesting, though not directly Elixir related.

2 Likes

Learning in parallel with Scala :slight_smile: to prepare for my next project.

2 Likes

A demo application for barrel-db

2 Likes

I’m exploring the separation of domain from web interface as encouraged by Phoenix 1.3. And seeing how it can be extended towards what ports and adapters architecture looks like in Elixir.

I’ve got a toy poker umbrella project that, so far, is just shuffling cards. I’m planning three interfaces:

1. Command line
  2. Regular HTML page request/response
  3. Events over Phoenix channels
3 Likes

I’ve built tiny little wrapper for ngrok to play a little bit with ports: https://hex.pm/packages/ex_grok

3 Likes

After reading ‘Programming Phoenix’ I’m planning to write a Wunderlist clone.

2 Likes

Too many at once. I’m implementing “Pong” to see how Entity-Component-System works, then a mild distraction caused me to start reimplementing a work scheduler we wrote last year in Scala and then I had issues with clean unit testing approaches so another library was born. Looks like i’ll be popping that stack in the coming weeks so I can finally complete the world’s most convoluted version of Pong :wink:

2 Likes

Poker software is a perfect case to use/trainee phoenix/elixir.

2 Likes

Frankly not much lately. (Posting here to qualify for extra giveaway entry!) Probably going to a local “Code & Coffee” meetup this weekend, hoping to get back to the Exercism.io exercises, now that I’ve looked into what a zipper (data structure) is… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zippers are awesome!

I’ve been in a heavy busy period at work myself, been building *so*many*reports*!

1 Like

Working on some API’s for React-Native apps at work. And going to update one of my neglected side projects (DoctorsOfSrilanka.com) to Phoenix 1.2 during the weekend.

1 Like