pillaiindu
Copied from my Stackoverflow question:
I was using Phantomjs with Phoenix framework for test, and the package I use in phoenix is hound. I previously installed phantomjs with apt-get which was giving problems (this github comment said the installation method was the culprit), so I downloaded the latest binary from the official website but that was giving permissions denied error, so I had to build it from the source, but to my surprise the build.py which is mentioned in the official guide wasn’t avaialble, so I even failed to build it that way. I also failed to install through npm, so I gave up on phantomjs.
Now I installed slimerjs, but I don’t know what is slimerjs’s alternative command to phantomjs --wd.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 3 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
DevotionGeo
Today I made phantomjs work by installing it through
npmwith the commandsudo npm install -g phantomjs-prebuilt --unsafe-perm=true --allow-root(as it was getting failed withsudo npm install -g phantomjs-prebuilt).Using chrome driver was a pain, as it was showing a blink of the page for every single acceptance test, and was slow if you had more than a few tests.
I rushed to the Forum to share it with others, thinking it may be beneficial to others facing the same problem.
pillaiindu
Yes, chrome driver shows Chrome browser for a moment which is annoying, but it’s OK, because I can continue learning Phoenix.
Thank You!
DevotionGeo
You can also use chrome-driver with hound. I won’t call it a truly headless experience, as it will show you a blink of the webpage, but it works.
You have to follow the following steps.
config :hound, driver: "phantomjs"toconfig :hound, driver: "chrome_driver"in yourconfig/test.exs.done.