What is the best / easiest way to convert a Phoenix LiveView app into an iOS and Android app?

I want to convert a Phoenix LiveView CRUD website to a CRUD mobile app. What do you think is the easiest way to do so?

What about a PWA?

1 Like

I love PWAs, but I mean something which can be installed from App Store and Play Store.

1 Like

I don’t think you can do that

Investigate Ionic Capacitor and Cordova in app browser. One of these may work for you. For the latter look at the following tutorial which I didn’t read myself. :slight_smile:
How to Convert Website into an App for free with Ionic 4

1 Like

In app browser apps are highly discouraged by app store nowadays and its actually banned on iOS i think

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out! I didn’t know that they’re banned on iOS now. In that case I won’t recommend this approach @pillaiindu. Please investigate Capacitor and see if it uses a similar but not exactly the same (in-app-browser) approach.

1 Like

Your best bet is Flutter and they already have a library to communicate with Phoenix Channels, that you could use to keep the mobile app in sync with what happens in the web live view app, like I mentioned here:

An example Flutter App for an Elixir Phoenix Channels backend on a demo I made at work:

2 Likes

I found something related to this thread.

3 Likes

Should this be added to the list of 3rd Party client libraries in the channels section of the Phoenix docs?

1 Like