shahryarjb
Hi, I have an umbrella project which has many configs, hence I want to bind some of them with user help.
I created a setting database in my project and user can change some of them like: google reCAPTCHA client ID or change twitter auth secret code.
I need to change my app’s config when application is running without restarting project and this should be revalued by the user and the database.
For now, I have config like this:
config :ueberauth, Ueberauth.Strategy.Github.OAuth,
client_id: System.get_env("GITHUB_CLIENT_ID"),
client_secret: System.get_env("GITHUB_CLIENT_SECRET")
config :ueberauth, Ueberauth.Strategy.Google.OAuth,
client_id: System.get_env("GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID"),
client_secret: System.get_env("GOOGLE_CLIENT_SECRET"),
redirect_uri: System.get_env("GOOGLE_REDIRECT_URI")
Thank you
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
derek-zhou
Ueberauth is a library application. In other word, there is no long running process. The config will be reevaluated anytime it is used. So you will be fine.
shahryarjb
I mean, how do we revalue something in config file when a site admin change something in his/her dashboard without changing config files and restarting application?
derek-zhou
You need to put the env when you save to the db, and when you load your db at startup.
shahryarjb
I thought this should be used just in testing!!
I wonder, when we must use libraries like GitHub - elixir-toniq/vapor: Runtime configuration system for Elixir · GitHub?
derek-zhou
I am not familiar with this library vapor.