Crowdhailer
Creator of Raxx
I am currently writing documentation. I have been using highlight.js but the result isn’t very satisfying particularly for EEx templates. I don’t think EEx is supported and choosing HTML instead is not much better.
What are people using for syntax highlighting that I can try out? I want something that is JavaScript based so I can simply drop it into a page.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hubertlepicki
I use highlight.js too, with EEx templates treated as ERB.
Crowdhailer
I’m getting odd highlighting of the embed tags, this was highlighted as erb.
Crowdhailer
The error in hightlighting seems to be caused by the presence of the script tag.
Adding this line to other EEx sample breaks the highlighting of the embed tags
Artemitch
I use highlight.js as well. I’ve seen but not used Prism JS so I’d be interested in knowing if this is any better.
Semi-related: Swift has a package called Splash which lets you convert Swift code into HTML which you can then use CSS to style with no JS required. I think this approach is very cool and would love to see something like this for multiple languages.
LostKobrakai
There’s GitHub - elixir-makeup/makeup: Syntax highlighter for Elixir inspired by Pygments · GitHub for that in elixir. It’s what ex_doc is using for the last few versions.
Artemitch
Ah nice! I’ll check it out.
albydarned
I used highlight.js for slickbit. It gets the job done! I tried a few others but once I got highlight.js configured how I wanted its been very easy to work with.
tristan
Not what you are looking for, but if anyone sees this thread and goes to it looking for server side highlighting, I’ve been using GitHub - alecthomas/chroma: A general purpose syntax highlighter in pure Go · GitHub as a successor to pygments. Chroma comes with Hugo and is how https://adoptingerlang.org/ highlighting is done, originally this was overriden to use Pygments while a bug in Chroma for Erlang was fixed but now it works well.