AstonJ

AstonJ

In case you missed it, Bumblebee has just been released :honeybee: and I’m wondering what you all might be using it for or what you might like to use it for :003:

Showing Posts 1 to 9

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Does anyone know whether it would be useful for doing things like choosing (or suggesting) a category for a thread if fed just the title? If so that’s one thing I’d use it for :lol:

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

This is the lib I’ve been waiting for - very excited by the possibilities. Immediate use cases for me:

In my text library I’ll be adding:

  • Language detection (replacing the current very old-school bayesian model)
  • Parts-of-speech tagging
  • Sentiment analysis

In my image library I’ve an experimental branch that does:

  • Image classification (leveraging the examples from the Bumblebee repo)
  • Image segmentation (Not implemented yet, I don’t think that’s built into Bumblebee yet so perhaps I can work out how to make a contribution)
13
Post #2
AstonJ

AstonJ OP

I’m really excited to see this as well Kip! I guess we’ll be able to use it to help detect prohibited images? Such as porn, self-harm, etc?

Would it also be possible to use it to invisibly watermark images, so that the source can always be checked or verified? Perhaps via something like markpainting? (The use case I had in mind is invisibly watermarking user uploaded images, such as those uploaded as profile pics or to sites like Instagram. The uploaded image would get an invisible watermark so that if someone screenshot it or stole it and then uploaded it to a ‘fake profile’ we could identify the true source of the image, eg, your profile photo here could contain an invisible watermark of forum.elixirforum.com/u/kip)

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

I believe so - just need a good classification model for that kind of material. Not sure the hugging face repository has such?

Would it also be possible to use it to invisibly watermark images, so that the source can always be checked or verified? Perhaps via something like markpainting ?

Interesting idea, I’ll do some research!

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Looks like they’ve got some Kip:

Porn models: Models – Hugging Face

Self-harm models: Models – Hugging Face

Awesome! I think that’d be a killer feature for your library :003:

Rich_Morin

Rich_Morin

Several years ago, I served as a mentor for a friend’s DO-IT project. The result was a set of Ruby scripts which implemented a desktop prototype of The Muddy Map Explorer. As the name hints, Muddy provided a text-based interface (similar to that found in a MUD).

However, instead of presenting a fictional location, Muddy would let someone (e.g., a blind person) explore a given neighborhood. Our notion was that this would help the person to create a mental model while sitting safely at a computer. Later, armed with this knowledge, they might be better equipped to navigate the neighborhood in person.

Although the prototype system “worked”, it was far from perfect. A large part of the problem stemmed from our use of OpenStreetMap data. Because OSM encodes streets as annotated sequences of locations, it provides very spotty coverage of details that are only of interest to pedestrians (e.g., benches, driveways, roadway lanes and widths).

In addition, installing and maintaining the prototype would not be easy for a naive user (blind or not). So, I’ve often wondered if I could translate Muddy to Elixir and set it up as a Phoenix/LiveView-based web site. This would resolve the installation and maintenance issues, as well as making Muddy truly a multi-user system. However, the source data issues would still be present.

With the advent of Bumblebee, it might be possible to analyze satellite and other imagery, creating much richer subsets of the OSM data. And, if the added data came from unrestricted sources (such as USGS), the OSM folks might even be willing to import it into their repository. Alas, this is all Science Fiction, but I still find it interesting to think about…

-r

derpycoder

derpycoder

I am learning Elixir & Phoenix for Indie Hacking.

Recently Peter Levels created few more startup, where he is using pre-trained models to make money!!

https://www.producthunt.com/discussions/how-pieter-levels-made-10-000-in-a-day

https://twitter.com/levelsio/status/1586449419922440192


I believe everyone in this community should have their own startups or Micro SaaS, which will inspire rest to follow suit.

That’s the best way to showcase the power of the platform and win hearts.

A common goal will lead to creation of lots of tooling to achieve said goal.

Hope to see an IndieHacker tag for people who are creating their own stuff. :upside_down_face:

Let me do all the learning and then we can have a 12 startups in 12 month marathon, instead of Advent of Code kerfuffle. :sweat_smile:

derpycoder

derpycoder

Checkout some of the cool applications:

https://www.indiehackers.com/interview/creating-an-ai-powered-logo-creator-and-earning-70k-mo-4ebecd547f

mssantosdev

mssantosdev

I’m playing with Bumblebee’s text generation to create a collaborative story builder:

https://twitter.com/mssantosdev/status/1602277402096418816

The idea is to have an editor that locks every x seconds to ask its audience how the story should proceed, with options provided by Bumblebee. Let’s see how that will grow. :grinning:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews