nallwhy
Elixir version: 1.8.1
ex_cldr version: 1.8.2
I’m using ex_cldr in my project. (https://github.com/kipcole9/cldr)
It has its own compile task Mix.Tasks.Compile.Cldr, and this task creates .compile.cldr file in manifest_path(by default build/(env)/.mix) folder.
But it fails because build/(env)/.mix folder is not exist.
Generated my_project app
** (File.Error) could not write to file "/Users/me/workspace/project/my_project/_build/dev/.mix/.compile.cldr": no such file or directory
(elixir) lib/file.ex:1014: File.write!/3
lib/mix/tasks/compile.cldr.ex:288: Mix.Tasks.Compile.Cldr.previous_locales/0
lib/mix/tasks/compile.cldr.ex:61: Mix.Tasks.Compile.Cldr.run/1
(mix) lib/mix/task.ex:331: Mix.Task.run_task/3
(elixir) lib/file.ex:1506: File.cd!/2
(mix) lib/mix/project_stack.ex:41: Mix.ProjectStack.on_recursing_root/1
(mix) lib/mix/tasks/compile.all.ex:68: Mix.Tasks.Compile.All.run_compiler/2
(mix) lib/mix/tasks/compile.all.ex:52: Mix.Tasks.Compile.All.do_compile/4
When the manifest path folder is created?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Virviil
This folder is not mandatory to be created for elixir projects. If it’s ex_cldr artifact - you probably should create an issue or migrate for newer version of the library.
kip
@nallwhy opened an issue (thanks - I’m the author). Thats from a piece of legacy code of the old
ex_cldr1.x versions which had some architectural issues and an uglycldr compilerwhich was replaced last year with the 2.x series that is a much better citizen.I recommend migrating to
ex_cldrversion 2.x if you can. I think the only main reason you might not be able to would be if you also needex_cldr_dates_timeswhich is not yet on the 2.x release series. It will be soon now…