apoorv-2204
I want to learn various distributed stuff we can do with erlang, otp and elixir.
Where can i Start?/
like multi_call ,.etc.Various distributed algos?
Basically from beginner to advanced?
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tty
What sort of learner are you? For example I am a VK (visual-kinaesthetic) learner. I learn best by reading then doing. Podcasts (and to lesser extent video tutorials) don’t do it for me.
The good starting point for OTP is still:
That would get you going. A good overview book on the various aspects to distributed stuff is “Understanding Distributed Systems” by Roberto Vitillo.
Of course, ESL (Erlang & Elixir Training - Erlang Solutions) is always happy to provide training courses.
anuaralfetahe
My favorite book on this subject is Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP by Francesco Cesarini.
karlosmid
Good intro is in Sasa’s Juric Elixir in Action 3rd edition, chapter on Building a distributed system: