7stud
Here’s my rebar info:
/elixir_programs/friends$ which rebar
/usr/local/bin/rebar
~/elixir_programs/friends$ rebar --version
rebar 2.6.4 19 20170625_072305 git 2.6.4-6-g2a52f60
~/elixir_programs/friends$ which rebar3
/usr/local/bin/rebar3
~/elixir_programs/friends$ rebar3 --version
rebar 3.0.0-beta.4+build.3189.ref21ae314 on Erlang/OTP 20 Erts 9.3
And here’s what my PATH looks like:
$ ruby -e "puts ENV['PATH'].split ':'"
/Users/7stud/.asdf/shims
/Users/7stud/.asdf/bin
/Users/7stud/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.0/bin
/Users/7stud/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.0@global/bin
/Users/7stud/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.0/bin
/opt/local/bin
/opt/local/sbin
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin
/Users/7stud/.evm/erlang_versions/otp_src_20.2/bin
/usr/local/mysql/bin
/usr/local/bin/mongodb-osx-x86_64-3.0.7/bin
/Users/7stud/.local/bin
/Users/7stud/perl5/perlbrew/bin
/Users/7stud/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.2/bin
/Users/7stud/.nvm/versions/node/v9.4.0/bin
/usr/local/bin
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/go/bin
/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin
/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS
/usr/local/git/bin
/usr/local/go/bin
//Users/7stud/go_programs/bin
/Applications/Rakudo/bin
/Applications/Rakudo/share/perl6/site/bin
/Users/7stud/.rvm/bin
I’m following the “Getting Started” tutorial for Ecto, and it says to issue this command:
$ mix ecto.gen.repo -r Friends.Repo
Here’s what I get:
~/elixir_programs/friends$ mix ecto.gen.repo -r Friends.Repo
Could not find "rebar", which is needed to build dependency :poolboy
I can install a local copy which is just used by Mix
Shall I install rebar? (if running non-interactively, use "mix local.rebar --force") [Yn]
Why can’t mix find my rebar? Is it better practice to let mix install its own version of rebar?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
michalmuskala
Mix uses its own copy of rebar placed in
$MIX_HOME/rebarand$MIX_HOME/rebar3, by default$MIX_HOMEis~/.mix. This is done, so that we can verify a concrete version of rebar works fine with mix and does not have any bugs - in case such bugs are discovered, it’s also easier to update. It removes one variable (version of rebar) when debugging issues with mix.7stud
Thanks for the response.
Then why does the mix output say
Based on what you are saying, the mix message should be: