why
Hi,
I’m looking at the code phx.gen.auth injected in my project, trying to follow the logic to better understand how phx.gen.auth works.
While looking at the code, I bumped into a function Users.c/1 for which I cannot find a definition in the referenced Users module.
This is in the module MyProject.UserRegistrationController, in the create/2 function, in the case statement:
def create(conn, %{"user" => user_params}) do
case Users.c(user_params) do
{:ok, user} ->
{:ok, _} =
Users.deliver_user_confirmation_instructions(
user,
&Routes.user_confirmation_url(conn, :confirm, &1)
)
conn
|> put_flash(:info, "User created successfully.")
|> UserAuth.log_in_user(user)
{:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
render(conn, "new.html", changeset: changeset)
end
end
Might anybody know where I can find the definition of Users.c/1 ?
Thank you.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
The code comes from priv/templates/phx.auth.gen/registration_controller.ex.
It should not look like what You have, the code is like this.
But I also see You have Users… You probably did not use the right parameters. It should be
context plural (or not), schema singular, table plural.
APB9785
That function
Users.c/1should beUsers.register_user/1inlib/app_name/users.ex. Is it possible that at some point you made an accidental change to the file?why
Thank you both for the help
I just created a new Phoenix test project and ran the phx.gen.auth generator there.
This time I used
mix phx.gen.auth UserAccounts User users(I cannot use Accounts, as I need that for something else).Now the result looks good, with a call to
UserAccounts.register_user/1: