Extendable version manager with support for Ruby, Node.js, Elixir, Erlang & more
Manage multiple runtime versions with a single CLI tool, extendable via plugins
asdf-vm is a CLI tool that can manage multiple language runtime versions on a per-project basis. It is like
pyenv(and more) all in one! Simply install your language’s plugin!
Why use asdf-vm?
- single CLI for multiple languages
- consistent commands to manage all your languages
- single global config keeping defaults in one place
.tool-versionsconfig file per project
- support for existing config files
.ruby-versionfor easy migration
- automatically switches runtime versions as you traverse your directories
- simple plugin system to add support for your language of choice
- completion scripts managed by the plugin, not you!
Groom your app’s Elixir environment with exenv
Based totally on the GREAT rbenv
rbenv’s documentation largely applies here as well
Kiex allows you to easily build and switch between different Elixir versions.
It supports setting the default (global) Elixir version as well as per shell/project versions.
Everything is self-contained under ~/.kiex.
NOTE: Some Erlang source builds are broken. See below
Easy building and installing of Erlang/OTP instances
Kerl aims to be shell agnostic and its only dependencies, excluding what’s required to actually build Erlang/OTP, are
All is done so that, once a specific release has been built, creating a new installation is as fast as possible.
OTP Support Policy
As of 2017 November 8, we are supporting OTP builds back to R15. Older builds may or may not work. We will advance release support as new releases of OTP become available. For example, when OTP 21 is released, we will support Erlang builds R16 and newer.