Which frontend technology or frameworks do you use

That will never happen, but who’s forcing you to learn new stuff? I have friends still making money and cool projects with Angular 1.x.

Consider using Ember because they are a good voice of reason in the land of fragmented JS.

Watch this(if you’re short on time, jump to 36:00 and watch to the end) ->

Being a consulting shop we don’t get to pick the client’s stack that often :).

You might find these entertaining:

Web development as a hack of hacks
Tools don’t solve the web’s problems, they are the problem

Came across them via @simonstl (author of “Introducing Erlang/Elixir”)
https://twitter.com/simonstl/status/779019402477907969?lang=en

True - however depending on the situation you may have to make it clear that you will not be party to “them shooting themselves in the foot”.

When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be.

Might be our luck (or that we suck at sales), but that would eliminate 90% of our work :). In any case I am seriously
considering just spinning things off to the ambitious team leads and joining some interesting project :slight_smile: So if anyone doing something cool with Elixir or something very very very interesting with node and have distributed team or are in DC area ping me :slight_smile:

I am using Aurelia for a small project at the moment. Very nice framework to build with so far. I also use Bulma as an alternative to Bootstrap. I see a lot of people are excited about Elm. But I did not quite feel it fit my requirements for the current project. I want to but cant justify it yet.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How do you integrate Semantic UI with Phoenix?