thojanssens1

thojanssens1

In an attempt to figure out what are the preferred GraphQL clients for Elixir developers, I made this poll below. If you’re using GraphQL, please vote! :slight_smile:

Note that this concerns only JavaScript clients.

What JavaScript GraphQL client do you use?
  • Apollo Client
  • Relay
  • Urql
  • Fetch API (or a very lightweight wrapper)
  • Other known framework
  • Own custom framework
0 voters

Feel free to share if your experience has been positive or frustrating.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Samjowen

Samjowen

I personally found that Apollo Client is great for getting up and running quickly.

However, I do think that Relay is the ultimate when it comes to doing GQL properly. The state management is far more robust, and the way it makes you structure your UI code is far more refactorable and intent-based.

Relay also gives you type-safety for free. If you want type-safety with Apollo Client, you’ll have to use The Guild’s Codegen tool.

Relay is a bit of a pain to set up and get used to, but once you do, I think the applications you create are a lot more solid.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Polls Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews