thaianhsoft
I have been self-studying computer science and have a passion for elixir. I want to implement a simple relational database from a few assignments.
But since then, a lot of questions which I haven’t solved. I have core layers are buffer manager layer and it manages disk manager layer
- Buffer Manager fetches N pages in a unit of bytes to perform actions faster in memory from the disk manager. If I assume that each page is one struct with one list of multiple records
How do fetch these structs into memory do something and then flush them from memory to disk such as external merge sorting?
What’s the module name similar to the Java Serialization interface or something like that?
I know this thing isn’t suitable in elixir form. But I really have a passion for Elixir/Erlang and hope to bring elixir in my background all time. I want to make things challenging myself in Elixir/Erlang to use proficient or anyone interest in this thing like me can see them.
Thanks, anyone reading
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mpope
For serialization, you could use the built in erlang:term_to_binary/1 on any term, and use zlib — OTP 29.0.2 (erts 17.0.2) for compression, or an external zstd library.
thaianhsoft
thank you, Do you want to implement RDBMS in elixir with me?
a8t
@sasajuric has been talking about this for a while now. I wonder if he has any ideas written about it.
lucaong
If you are interested in how a database engine can be implemented entirely in Elixir, you can give a look to CubDB (it’s a bit of shameless self promotion, as I am the author
). It is not a relational database, but rather an embedded datastore supporting key/value access, selection of ranges, and atomic transactions, but such a storage engine is normally the core on top of which relational features are implemented.
thaianhsoft
oh, your internal source has implement of B tree, which I have searching for in functional programming. Thanks for this thing
mpope
Thanks for the offer, but my main job is database virtualization using Erlang so I have plenty of RDBMS on my plate as it is
thaianhsoft
You can share with me a few of your sources if allowed? I want to read code about more erlang. Thanks you