AstonJ
Do you have any favourites?
(You can pick up to three)
What is your preferred terminal emulators?
- AbsoluteTelnet
- Alacritty
- AlphaCom
- ConEmu
- Ghostty
- GNOME Terminal
- GNOME Terminator
- GNU Screen
- Guake
- iTerm2
- Kitty
- Konsole
- mintty
- mrxvt
- PuTTY
- SecureCRT
- Tera Term
- Terminal (macOS)
- Terminator
- Termux
- Warp
- Windows Terminal
- xterm
- Yakuake
- ZOC
- ZTerm
- Other - please say in thread!
0
voters
See post below for details:
Trending in Polls
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
This post is a wiki - please feel free to add/edit as needed (please follow the same format/alphabetical order).
AbsoluteTelnet - https://www.celestialsoftware.net
Alacritty - https://alacritty.org
AlphaCom - https://www.omnicomtech.com
ConEmu - https://conemu.github.io
Ghostty - https://ghostty.org
GNOME Terminal - https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-terminal/stable/
GNOME Terminator - https://gnome-terminator.org
GNU Screen - https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/
Guake - https://github.com/Guake/guake
Iterm2 - https://iterm2.com
kitty - https://sw.kovidgoyal.net/kitty
Konsole - https://konsole.kde.org
mintty - https://mintty.github.io
mrxvt - https://linux.die.net/man/1/mrxvt
PuTTY - https://www.putty.org
SecureCRT - https://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/index.html
Tera Term - https://teratermproject.github.io/index-en.html
Terminal (macOS)
Built in terminal emulator for macOS
Terminator - https://gnome-terminator.org
Termux - https://termux.dev/en/
Warp - https://www.warp.dev
Windows Terminal
xterm - https://invisible-island.net/xterm/
Yakuake - https://apps.kde.org/en-gb/yakuake/
ZOC - https://www.emtec.com/zoc/index.html
zTerm - https://www.dalverson.com/zterm/
jswanner
Had been using kitty recently switched to ghostty
arcanemachine
I use xfce-terminal. (I had to look it up. It’s the default terminal in XFCE.)
I also use Termux because it’s awesome.
steve-human
Wezterm
AstonJ
Nice! I hadn’t heard of that one - any thoughts on what it’s like compared to iTerm2?
I almost included that one, but ditched it at the last minute - sorry!
Which OS are you using that with Steve? How do you find it?
jswanner
It’s very new, only became available to the public on 26 Dec 2024. The gist is it’s faster but many fewer features compared to iTerm2. Also, since it’s so new, there’s no GUI for configuration (that is planned for the future), instead it uses a text configuration file.
lud
xfce-terminal too ! And a lot of time in the vscode terminal as well, whatever that is.
gmile
Unlike iTerm2, Ghostty is cross-platform (works on macOS and Linux, and I think Windows), and in the same performance category as iTerm2 (or perhaps faster). Among it’s goals it to use features “native to the surrounding OS environment”, and be as correct as possible with interpreting various kinds of terminal control sequences. But feature-party-wise it’s quite behind iTerm2 afaik.
delitrem
I use
M-x term(inside GNU Emacs) and sometimes foot.astery
I use
vterminside of Emacs.