Kinsua
Let’s say I am doing a new LV project right now (Nov 6, 2024), which version should I put to the mix file?
Right now we have this, on a fresh install:
{:phoenix, "~> 1.7.14"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.5"},
{:ecto_sql, "~> 3.10"},
{:postgrex, ">= 0.0.0"},
{:phoenix_html, "~> 4.1"},
{:phoenix_live_reload, "~> 1.2", only: :dev},
# TODO bump on release to {:phoenix_live_view, "~> 1.0.0"},
{:phoenix_live_view, "~> 1.0.0-rc.1", override: true},
{:floki, ">= 0.30.0", only: :test},
{:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.8.3"},
But in the docs and hex.pm there is:
https://hex.pm/packages/phoenix_live_view/1.0.0-rc.7
Should we do this?:
{:phoenix, "~> 1.7.14"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.5"},
{:ecto_sql, "~> 3.10"},
{:postgrex, ">= 0.0.0"},
{:phoenix_html, "~> 4.1"},
{:phoenix_live_reload, "~> 1.2", only: :dev},
# TODO bump on release to {:phoenix_live_view, "~> 1.0.0"},
{:phoenix_live_view, "~> 1.0.0-rc.7", override: true}, # <-- CHANGE
{:floki, ">= 0.30.0", only: :test},
{:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.8.3"},
Or not, and stick with the default 1.0.0-rc.1?
What about phoenix_live_reload and phoenix_live_dashboard, will they work when changing to release candidate 7?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
joshamb
The
core_components.exwas modified for changes related to handling errors in forms, so you won’t be able to take it back to a pre 1.0.x-pre version instantly. It’s not a major change so you can easily do it, but you’ll have to re-revert it again when you go to 1.0.x.Personally id bump it to either
1.0.0-rc.6or1.0.0-rc.7- I haven’t run into any major issues on the release candidate LV versions.Kinsua
So just change it and run
mix deps.getand that’s it? Should I change version for some other things as well?joshamb
That’s it
You can optionally go through the deps and bump them to the latest versions, but you shouldn’t need to. Mix will tell you if it’s not happy with them.