philosopherstone

philosopherstone

I have been trying to rewrite my java based job portal web scrapper in elixir. I copied the quick start code and when I run iex -S mix, it gets stuck!

Since I couldn’t attach an image, please refer to this link for a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/GLbs4IC

System:
OS - windows 10
Erlang/OTP 27
Elixir 1.17

Showing Posts 1 to 2

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

FWIW, pasting text is always better than posting an image - you can use triple-backticks (```) to preserve console formatting.

The error message on that screen follows a log about looking for spiders in ./spiders, is there a directory named that in your application?

philosopherstone

philosopherstone OP

You are right, sorry about that!

The library’s quickstart guide is here - there’s no mention of having to create a ./spiders directory.

Ah!! I am really sorry - looks like its an issue for everyone that are using elixir 1.17 - mix project crawly prevent `iex -S mix` to give me the interactive console · Issue #298 · elixir-crawly/crawly · GitHub

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews