budgie
I’m trying to unquote multiple blocks of code dynamically depending on the include option passed when use is called. When I try to map over the handlers, and pass an anonymous function, I’m getting the error that fun doesn’t exist when unquote(fun)() is called. Not sure what I’m doing wrong as this is the first time I’m making use of this kind of macro voodoo.
defmodule AppWeb.EventHandlers do
@handlers [timers: :handle_global_update]
defmacro __using__([include: :all] = _opts) do
included_handlers = @handlers
quote do
Enum.map(unquote(included_handlers), fn {_key, fun} ->
unquote(fun)()
end)
end
end
defp handle_global_update() do
quote do
....
end
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kip
I think you’re confusing compile-time and runtime code. For example:
The quote block is runtime code, so
funisn’t known at compile time, only runtime. And therefore shouldn’t beunquoted.I think you probably meant to have the enumeration occur at compile time. Something like:
budgie
Thank you! Now that I’ve unquoted the fun value like that, I’m getting
undefined function handle_global_update/0for all Live Views which have it included. Seems like this is happening because it’s trying to compile the call to handle_global_update everywhere it’s used instead of taking the quoted expression before compilation.LostKobrakai
handle_global_updatesis defined in yourEventHandlersmodule, not the modules using it. You need to either import the function or define the call fully qualified asEventHandlers.handle_global_updates().