anelixiruser

anelixiruser

I’m not the greatest at front-end work and a tool like Pinegrow seems like it could help me a lot. It supports the concept of “partials” which I think is a good start towards being able to using it to build the HTML for pages & LiveComponents. While it doesn’t list EEX support, I think the ERB support is all that I need (since it treats the code as on opaque blob).

I’d also like to be able to hand off the HTML part of development to somebody that is an HTML/CSS developer that doesn’t have Elixir knowledge.

Does anybody have any experience in setting up a workflow for doing this effectively? I’m thinking of something like having a folder with nothing but static HTML partials which are effectively a mockup of my app.

Here’s where things get fuzzy:

  • Do I have the HTML developer just put placeholder text everywhere? And then add a search and replace / build step that turns it into EEX? (I need to deal with i18n so pretty much all the text in my HTML needs to be parameterized).
  • Do I put my @assigns and for loops and such directly in the static HTML? What do I do with things that render conditionally?
  • How do I then have this work fit into the directory layout of my Phoenix LiveView app?

One idea I’ve had is to add some routes to my app which re-export static HTML partials for use by the front-end developer.components. That seems like it could create a lot of extra work though.

Basically what I’m looking for is an effective two-way collaborative process between these two parts of the development process. I feel like this must be a problem other people have solved, but I don’t even know what to call the problem I am describing.

Bonus points if anybody has suggestions which also allow me to effectively deal with using my same templates & layouts for some legacy parts of the application which are still written in PHP using Smarty templating.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews