Would you be interested in a course on how to make a blog with Phoenix Liveview Tailwind CSS?

Hey everyone,

I recently launched my own personal blog at https://themykolas.com and while creating it, I realized that there aren’t many clear video tutorials that take you through the process from start to finish. So, I was thinking about creating a course that would cover everything you need to know.

Here’s some of the things it would cover:

1. Start with NimblePublisher to create a basic personal blog - One of the challenges of creating a blog is choosing the right platform. That’s why the course will cover how to use NimblePublisher, a lightweight publishing platform that’s perfect for personal blogs. You’ll learn how to set up the basic structure of your blog, create blog posts, and publish them online.
  2. Adding Dynamic Images for SEO - A successful blog needs to be optimized for search engines and look great on social media. We’ll cover how to add dynamic images to your blog that can be shared on social media platforms. These images will be generated on the fly using Elixir code.
  3. Adding SEO Tags - We’ll cover how to add SEO tags to your blog posts, which will help search engines understand what your blog is about and make it easier for people to find your content.

That would cover the basic blogging experience. From there I would like to move on to more advanced topics:

1. Adding an Email Subscription - Building an audience for your blog is key to its success. You’ll learn how to add an email subscription form to your blog so that readers can subscribe to your content and receive updates whenever you publish something new.
  2. Automatic/Scheduled Posting to Other Platforms Using AI Generated Snippets - One of the biggest challenges of maintaining a blog is consistently posting new content. That’s why we’ll cover how to use AI-generated snippets to automatically generate posts for other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. This will save you time and help you reach a wider audience.
  3. Adding an Admin Side of Things - We’ll cover how to create an admin panel for your blog, which will allow you to manage your content, track your analytics, and perform other administrative tasks.
  4. Moving from .md Files to a Database - While .md files are great for getting started, they can be limiting in terms of functionality. That’s why we’ll cover how to move your blog from .md files to a database, which will allow you to take advantage of advanced features like searching, filtering, and sorting.
  5. Creating a Notion-Like Editing Experience - Notion is a popular note-taking and collaboration tool that many people find to be very user-friendly. We’ll cover how to create a Notion-like editing experience for your blog, which will make it easy for you to create and manage your content.
  6. Adding Minimal Analytics - Finally, we’ll cover how to add minimal analytics to your blog, such as page views and user engagement. This will give you a better understanding of how your blog is performing and help you make informed decisions about future content.

So, that’s what the course would cover. I’m really excited about the idea of creating this course, but before I do, I wanted to gauge interest. Would you be interested in a course like this? Let me know in the comments!

9 Likes

I think it would be quite interesting.

I would certainly support it :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds good. I particularly like 5.
By Notion do you mean EditorJS style?

1 Like

Yes exactly like that :slight_smile:

Nice… if you add Stripe you’ll have a Ghost/Substack alternative you can take forward. Plenty of room in that space for people wanting to get away from WP

1 Like

Oh far from it, but will make it as easy as possible for people looking for custom brand blog made with elixir :slight_smile:

I’d definitely take a look.

Yeah! Me too