yukster
I got an email this morning letting me know that Pragmatic Programmers has put all of their books on Medium.com. This includes a bunch of Elixir books (Programming Elixir, Programming Phoenix, Functional Web Dev with Elixir and Phoenix, etc)
Check it out: https://medium.com/pragmatic-programmers/directory-of-pragmatic-programmer-books-on-medium-6a5cbadbd4b4
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
yukster
Note that access does require a Medium membership…
yukster
No no, it’s totally legit. I’ll forward you the email from Medium. And yes, it’s the full books, converted to Medium articles.
yukster
I don’t know how to forward an email to you so here is a screenshot of the email. By all means, check with PragProg. It would be incredibly ballsy of Medium to send out an email promoting a collaboration with PragProg without actually having their permission.
ibarch
That’s a very generous gift by Pragprog to boost the adoption of our beloved language.
If you find these books useful, please consider purchasing them anyway to support the authors.
AstonJ
Nice to see PragProg branching out into different formats
You’ll need a Medium monthly/annual subscription for full access and it’s not all of their books (no beta’s and time-delayed for others). The format is different too so afaik it’s not exactly like the books you buy in print or directly from PragProg, but more geared towards Medium users and their style of format (great if you’re already a medium subscriber and like their format)
derek-zhou
It is a great way to read a few chapters to see if you like it. Even with the free tier (which I am on) you can read a few premium articles per month. Then if you really like the book, you can buy it from PragProg. I prefer to have the book off-line on my computers/tabliets to read.
appdevnick
This is exactly the move for me, too.
derek-zhou
And if you cite their medium link it will look like this with onebox:
https://medium.com/pragmatic-programmers/fancy-custom-generators-36d354c0d673
Couple of suggestions to Prag Prog: