Writing a beginners guide to installing Elixir/Phoenix on Codenvy . Does anyone want to help?

I do some part time/volunteer work in software education. When Cloud9 changed hands it caused me a lot of problems. I had to cancel a course I was designing because there were no alternative IDEs with the same power as Cloud 9. A lot of students in Asia are using old laptops. Installing Phoenix/Elixir can take hours of classtime.

There used to be a beginners guide to installing Phoenix/Elixir on Cloud9. I’d like to write the same for Codenvy.

I know someone has already successfully installed Elixir/Phoenix on Codenvy, but the steps aren’t clear.

Cloud IDEs can solve a lot of problems for students without 24 hour access to a high powered computer.

I have some free time. I can put in 5-10 hours over the next few weeks if anyone can help me figure out the steps. If I get some help, I can write a piece on Medium.

Current Problems

1. apt-get install wget returns:

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

2.can’t use sudo

Eclipse Che doesn’t support sudo:

Eclipse Che workspaces on che.openshift.io are running against Red Hat OpenShift Online clusters which do not support sudo and workspace containers are running using the Arbitrary User IDs (This provides additional security against processes escaping the container due to a container engine vulnerability and thereby achieving escalated permissions on the host node). So, Basically you can not execute sudo from the workspace terminal.

I mainly use JS and CSS, so a lot of this is beyond me. If anyone wants to help me write a beginners guide to installing Elixir/Phoenix on a cloud terminal, that would help a lot of people.