rengel

rengel

Elixir 1.12.3, Erlang 24, Windows 10

I’m trying run the ‘notificationMessage’ Example of ‘:wx.demo()’ (Frontend: wx-2.1, Backend: wxWidgets-3.1.5.0). The display of the buttons is ok. But when I click one of the buttons, no message is shown. Instead only the ‘^’ character blinks shortly in the system area of the Windows 10 taskbar. There are no signs of a notification whatsoever.
Any idea what’s wrong?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

cmo

cmo

You may find some inspiration here:

rengel

rengel OP

@cmo
Thanks for the tip! But the wx.demo code that comes with Elixir/Erlang contains perfectly valid Erlang code that can easily be replicated in Elixir: And I really would like to know why this code isn’t showing notifications.
All the other examples in wx.demo work flawlessly.

cmo

cmo

Sorry I assumed you wanted to display notifications more generally. The demo Works On My Machine :tm:.
Have you looked into your notification settings? If I turn them off I get the same experience as you.

dominicletz

dominicletz

Creator of Elixir Desktop

In addition to checking your notification settings, which Erlang installation did you use? I just tried the official 24.1 build from erlang.org and there it works fine: https://erlang.org/download/otp_win64_24.1.exe

rengel

rengel OP

@cmo
Thank you very much!
This did it!
My notifications were switched off.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews