omohokcoj
x_component is a component-based HTML template library for Elixir. It uses template syntax and component-based approach similar to Vuejs. This library can replace Phoenix views/templates and phoenix_html in a Phoenix project (details).
- Declarative HTML template syntax close to Vue.
- Compile time errors and warnings.
- Type checks with dialyzer specs.
- Template code formatter.
- Inline, context-aware components.
- Smart attributes merge.
- Decorator components.
- Fast compilation and rendering.
- Optimized for Gettext/Phoenix/ElixirLS.
- Components generator task.
X components HTML rendering shows slightly better results than EEx with Phoenix.HTML.Engine . It was achieved due to safe/unsafe interpolation syntax (instead of {:safe, ...} tuples) and due to more compact HTML output with trimmed whitespaces (example). However, it shows a significantly faster rendering of nested components (templates in case of EEx) due to the inline components compilation:
Comparison:
X inline (iodata) 20.38 K
X inline (string) 14.48 K - 1.41x slower +19.99 μs
Phoenix EEx (iodata) 7.52 K - 2.71x slower +83.99 μs
Phoenix EEx (string) 6.43 K - 3.17x slower +106.39 μs
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
Castle is a package I put together to assist with building Elixir releases capable of being live-upgraded via the ‘official’ release hand...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly)
AI dream has many faces, but general...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Cool! I’m curious how complicated the extensions added to the live view engine are, and whether they translate easily to other templating mechanisms. Is this something you’ve looked at at all?
yukster
Doesn’t look like this uses LiveView. I see no mention of that anyway.
sfusato
I see it listed on the roadmap