Xslt 2.0 / 3.0 / soap

Has anyone done any enterprise type things with Elixir yet?

I’ve got a java project that relies heavily upon XSLT 2.0 transformations as well as using SOAP instead of REST. Just wondering if any one here has done any of those type of projects in Elixir yet.

Not in Elixir but I messed with the utter and absolute horror of SOAP back in my erlang days about 6 years ago, stay away, star far far away, SOAP is horrible…

However, it was not hard in erlang, nor would it be in elixir…

I don’t really have a choice in the matter. The service I have to interface with only accepts SOAP, and some of the services that will interface with my service only understand SOAP as well. It’s our tax dollars at work :cry:.

xslt:

xml parser:

xml builder:

Is any of that what you need?

2 Likes

Nice, thanks @cevado.

Yeah, we work in Healthcare and do a lot with soap, it sucks to set up initially. First I’d download SoapUI, which is crappy but useful for testing requests and responses. We use sweet_xml to parse xml, and we roll soap requests with a string template, and we roll a nonce with :crypto.strong_rand_bytes(20). Feel free to hit me up if you need some additional input.

3 Likes

i need some help setting up soap for a work project in making call/ requests and responses.