jeramyRR
Has anyone done any enterprise type things with Elixir yet?
I’ve got a java project that relies heavily upon XSLT 2.0 transformations as well as using SOAP instead of REST. Just wondering if any one here has done any of those type of projects in Elixir yet.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
Not in Elixir but I messed with the utter and absolute horror of SOAP back in my erlang days about 6 years ago, stay away, star far far away, SOAP is horrible…
However, it was not hard in erlang, nor would it be in elixir…
jeramyRR
I don’t really have a choice in the matter. The service I have to interface with only accepts SOAP, and some of the services that will interface with my service only understand SOAP as well. It’s our tax dollars at work
.
cevado
xslt:
xml parser:
xml builder:
Is any of that what you need?
jeramyRR
Nice, thanks @cevado.
ChaseGilliam
Yeah, we work in Healthcare and do a lot with soap, it sucks to set up initially. First I’d download SoapUI, which is crappy but useful for testing requests and responses. We use sweet_xml to parse xml, and we roll soap requests with a string template, and we roll a nonce with
:crypto.strong_rand_bytes(20). Feel free to hit me up if you need some additional input.VincentBlackdot
i need some help setting up soap for a work project in making call/ requests and responses.