mudasobwa
Creator of Cure
Yeesh is a straightforward live component wrapper for xterm.js, supporting a predefined set of Yeesh.Commands.
There is a sample Phoenix project in examples folder, although adding it to the Phoenix projects should be a piece of cake.
I needed this functionality for my fancy upcoming Language Agnostic Code Audit SaaS (yes, I am still a believer that CLI interface is the best humanity ever invented—except for chili con carne—and I’m positive any SaaS must have a CLI in browser.)
Enjoy!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
We’ve spoken about AI-related job losses for a while now, and while Elixir may be a little more protected than some languages so there’s ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
xsteve
That looks really nice.
Since you are starting this project: It would be nice to Provide a lua shell as well:
https://github.com/tv-labs/lua
mudasobwa
I am not sure what do you mean “lua shell.” I have plans to support loading BEAMs to some extent, and maybe
mixtasks.For everything else there are feature requests.
mudasobwa
Yeeshgot two features I actually needed:Task → Commandwrapper)Enjoy.
DaAnalyst
I subscribe to everything you said here, chilli con carne included!
And thank you for this one!
xsteve
My idea is the following:
GitHub - rvirding/luerl: Lua in Erlang · GitHub provides a lua implementation in erlang.
GitHub - tv-labs/lua: A Lua 5.3 runtime in pure Elixir · GitHub provides a nice way to connect a lua interpreter with your elixir application.
A shell running lua would provide a really powerful way to interact with your application.
Connecting the lua interpreter with Yeesh would provide exactly that.
mudasobwa
That I understood
That’s something I probably would have avoided in general.
Yeeshis exposed to the client. Giving it a full remote access to the server application sounds like a perilous idea. If I were after that, I’d probably start with an ability to execute an arbitrary elixir code.Instead,
Yeeshallows whitelisted mix tasks, including interactive ones. Wrapping the aforementioned library into an interactive mix tasks should not be difficult, but at the moment it is out of scope of my actual needs.Feel free to create an issue in github though.
xsteve
The lua shell does not give full access to the elixir runtime. It is a sandbox. You have the ability to add lua functions that can execute elixir code. That way the access to the system is limited/controlled. lua provides a powerfull way to automate tasks. And a shell allows to do that interactively.
mudasobwa
v0.5.0 is released with:
Ctrl+Rfor(reverse-i-search)‘’:as in shellsShitf+Ctrl+C/V/Xfor copy/paste/cut to avoid clashes with browser defaults (requires a user to permit clipboard operations in the browser)Ctrl+L)marclifor markdownThis is most likely a pre-release for
v1.0.0. If you have some requests/bug reports, it’s a shout out to file an issue at Issues · Oeditus/yeesh · GitHubEnjoy!
mudasobwa
v0.7.0Yeesh has been refactored to a fully-pledged custom element.Kudos to @DaAnalyst