2) Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 - Customize your car: An Adventure in Using Elixir and Nerves to Hack Your Vehicle’s Electronics Network - Brien Wankel

After the success of creating a daily post for the ElixirConf 2017 videos we figured that we’d do the same for Lonestar ElixirConf 2018. Unfortunately we cannot start with @chrismccord’s keynote because the video is currently missing, if anyone knows the status of that please ping me when the video is ready.

Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 - Customize your car: An Adventure in Using Elixir and Nerves to Hack Your Vehicle’s Electronics Network - @brien

You wrote a beautiful Elixir application and have been running it on one node. Now you need to add additional nodes for scaling or resilience. The web layer works fine as-is but you have a few processes that should run once in the entire cluster, not on every node. What to do? In this talk I’ll show how we’ve solved some problems at Toyota Connected using Swarm and GenStateMachine and how you can apply similar solutions to your application.

Audience: Intermediate

All talks thread: 0) Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 Talks

4 Likes

In fact I could get Chris McCord video yesterday, but it seems it’s not available anymore.

The sound was not good, a lot of noise in the background… Maybe they are trying to correct.

Spoiler… it’s about Phoenix 1.4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah his keynote video was there yesterday (damn got not enough time to watch it) but when I tried to watch it today’s morning it’s was removed.