kokolegorille
Lonestar Elixir 2018 videos are starting to pop up
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOy-_b9bqjokoWX9Hg5ZgUg
Day 1
- Chris McCord (@chrismccord) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
- Brien Wankel (@brien) - Customize your car: An Adventure in Using Elixir and Nerves to Hack Your Vehicle’s Electronics Network (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Angel Jose - Elixir is for Startups (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Greg Vaughn (@gregvaughn) - Let’s Talk Process Dictionary (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Jerel Unruh - Managing state in distributed Elixir (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Chris Keathley (@keathley) - Consistent, Distributed Elixir (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Lightning Talks (video1, video2, video3, video4, video5) (discussion thread)
- Talk 4 - Building a Weather Station using Nerves and a few cool sensors - @frigidcode
Day 2
- Aaron Patterson (@tenderlove) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
- Osa Gaius - Why Elixir Matters: A Genealogy of Functional Programming (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Niall Burkley (@nburkley) - User-centered API Versioning (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Dennis Beatty - Intermediate SQL with Ecto (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Ben Cates - Building on Sand: Firm Foundations from Legacy Databases (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Paul Schoenfelder (@bitwalker) - The Next Phase of Elixir Deployment Tools (video) (description) (discussion thread)
- Tim Mecklem (@tmecklem) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
Trending in Talks
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash & Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY
...
New
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026
Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New
Comments...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
DevotionGeo
Thank you!
axelson
Just updated the first post in this thread to be an index of all the Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 talks. If I messed up any of the links please let me know (or just fix it yourself since it is a wiki!)
AstonJ
Looks good - thanks Jason
frigidcode
Lightning talk #4 was my first talk outside of a very small local meetup. Thinking about expanding it to a full talk sometime.
axelson
Nice talk! I’d be interested in hearing more. I still need to find an excuse to play more with Nerves. Unfortunately apartments don’t lend themselves readily to weather stations
I’ve added your talk to the list with a title of “Building a Weather Station using Nerves and a few cool sensors”
frigidcode
Thanks! I have read and seen photos of someone who put equipment on the roof of their apartment building and then ran the wires to their window. Now sure how much trouble you will get into for that haha
hackerboos
I liked Dennis Beatty’s ecto talk.
Paul Schoenfelder’s still high level at the moment. I didn’t realise how difficult a problem deployments are.
nburkley
I put together a short summary of all the talks here:
Crowdhailer
Will this video be made available
drfreeze
I added the link to Chris McCord’s keynote.