0) Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 Talks

Lonestar Elixir 2018 videos are starting to pop up :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOy-_b9bqjokoWX9Hg5ZgUg

Day 1

1. Chris McCord (@chrismccord) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
  2. Brien Wankel (@brien) - Customize your car: An Adventure in Using Elixir and Nerves to Hack Your Vehicle’s Electronics Network (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  3. Angel Jose - Elixir is for Startups (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  4. Greg Vaughn (@gregvaughn) - Let’s Talk Process Dictionary (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  5. Jerel Unruh - Managing state in distributed Elixir (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  6. Chris Keathley (@keathley) - Consistent, Distributed Elixir (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  7. Lightning Talks (video1, video2, video3, video4, video5) (discussion thread)
    • Talk 4 - Building a Weather Station using Nerves and a few cool sensors - @frigidcode

Day 2

1. Aaron Patterson (@tenderlove) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
  2. Osa Gaius - Why Elixir Matters: A Genealogy of Functional Programming (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  3. Niall Burkley (@nburkley) - User-centered API Versioning (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  4. Dennis Beatty - Intermediate SQL with Ecto (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  5. Ben Cates - Building on Sand: Firm Foundations from Legacy Databases (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  6. Paul Schoenfelder (@bitwalker) - The Next Phase of Elixir Deployment Tools (video) (description) (discussion thread)
  7. Tim Mecklem (@tmecklem) - Keynote (video) (discussion thread)
17 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 8) Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 - Day 2 Keynote - Aaron Patterson

Just updated the first post in this thread to be an index of all the Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 talks. If I messed up any of the links please let me know (or just fix it yourself since it is a wiki!)

3 Likes

Looks good - thanks Jason :023:

2 Likes

Lightning talk #4 was my first talk outside of a very small local meetup. Thinking about expanding it to a full talk sometime.

3 Likes

Nice talk! I’d be interested in hearing more. I still need to find an excuse to play more with Nerves. Unfortunately apartments don’t lend themselves readily to weather stations :grin:

I’ve added your talk to the list with a title of “Building a Weather Station using Nerves and a few cool sensors”

3 Likes

Thanks! I have read and seen photos of someone who put equipment on the roof of their apartment building and then ran the wires to their window. Now sure how much trouble you will get into for that haha

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 6) Lonestar ElixirConf 2018 - Consistent, Distributed Elixir - Chris Keathley

I liked Dennis Beatty’s ecto talk.

Paul Schoenfelder’s still high level at the moment. I didn’t realise how difficult a problem deployments are.

2 Likes

I put together a short summary of all the talks here:

3 Likes

Will this video be made available

2 Likes

I added the link to Chris McCord’s keynote.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve created a discussion thread for the keynote:

1 Like