Evadne Wu - Software Enthusiast – Believer in Live Demos – Grand Design Proposer
Leveraging ETS Effectively
Talk in three words: look under rocks
ETS is pervasive, yet invisible. With this talk, Evadne shall take the audience on a deep dive into ETS, look at its internals, and ways to leverage it effectively within Elixir apps.
This talk will cover:
- ETS functions
- Forming Match Specifications
- Using ETS for ephemeral/preset data
- Integrating ETS with Ecto (Schemas, Repos)
- Emitting change notifications
- Moving beyond ETS
The audience should leave with knowledge on when/where to use ETS, and a few patterns that they can reuse.
To elicit appreciation of Erlang/OTP subsystems that are usually taken for granted. To promote further usage of core Erlang/OTP technologies in the Elixir community, so as to enable better products and services.
- Developers who are curious about how the frameworks work
- Fans of the Actor Model
- People who want to see some actual code running in a demo
Evadne is a software engineer with background in HCI. She works on applications and services that help educators reach their fullest potential, and contributes to open-source projects in her spare time.