ElixirConf EU 2019 Talk videos

ElixirConf EU 2019 talk videos

ec-logo-videos

ElixirConf EU 2020 - Early bird tickets on sale now!
Twitter: www.twitter.com/elixirconfeu

Day 1

Day 2

Lightning talks:

10 Likes

Today, 1 May, new talk video: Tonci Galic - Building a GameBoy emulator with Elixir and Scenic - ElixirConfEU 2019

1 Like

Firstly, thank you and everyone else who gets involved in organising conferences and for publishing the videos. For those of us who can’t make them, having access to the talks is fantastic and very much appreciated.

I’d really like it if there was a Videos or Talks section in the forums and then each talk could have its own post and be tagged with the event and speaker and subject matter. @AstonJ, would that work or be too much? It may well have been discussed in the past.

I am slowly working my way through some talk videos on YouTube and I like the idea of being able to add ones I find and like here with my thoughts and hopefully to get those of others. I know that YouTube had comments but my gut feeling is that you are more likely to get a discussion going here than there.

3 Likes

Funnily enough I was just about to PM @axelson on his thoughts about this :003: We usually have separate threads for talks from major conferences and I think ECEU is one such conference, although any organiser from any of the conferences is welcome to do separate threads for each talk too.

@Lawrence_elixir - if you take a look in this section you will see the format we usually use. It’s basically:

• A parent thread that lists all talks (with links to each talk thread on the forum) (example)
  • A thread for each talk with the youtube video embedded into the first post, along with a description (example)
  • Adding a tag for each thread, so in this instance it would be elixirconfeu2019

How does that sound Lawrence? If you’d like to do this I have made the first post in this thread a wiki which means you can edit it beyond the edit time limit and so can treat it as the parent thread for all talks :023:

If you get stuck with anything, feel free to PM me or @axelson :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks @AstonJ for your feedback. Yes this makes sense, adding each new video as a new talk thread under learning resources>talks. The thing is, all the talks are not live yet, so what I will do is:

Make list of all talks at conference: Add links as they become live.

If I get lost, ill send you a message :grinning:

Thanks
Lawrence

2 Likes

I need to get better at browsing the categories than concentrating on the ‘all categories’ front page. I’d completely missed the Talks sub-category. :flushed:

1 Like

@Lawrence_elixir that sounds great! I like to space out the posting of talks anyway. It helps facilitate discussion around each video thread.

@Lawrence_elixir, there are still videos that are still to be uploaded right?

@greyhwndz hi, oh yes, many! Will get the ones that have been released so far up today, and then they’ll be added one a day, 2 on fridays, as we all need a weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super, I’m pretty much copying your format :upside_down_face: