Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir

ElixirConf EU 2019 talk videos

ec-logo-videos

ElixirConf EU 2020 - Early bird tickets on sale now!
Website: http://www.elixirconf.eu
Twitter: www.twitter.com/elixirconfeu


Day 1

Day 2

Lightning talks:

Showing Posts 1 to 9

Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir OP

Today, 1 May, new talk video: Tonci Galic - Building a GameBoy emulator with Elixir and Scenic - ElixirConfEU 2019

simon

simon

Firstly, thank you and everyone else who gets involved in organising conferences and for publishing the videos. For those of us who can’t make them, having access to the talks is fantastic and very much appreciated.

I’d really like it if there was a Videos or Talks section in the forums and then each talk could have its own post and be tagged with the event and speaker and subject matter. @AstonJ, would that work or be too much? It may well have been discussed in the past.

I am slowly working my way through some talk videos on YouTube and I like the idea of being able to add ones I find and like here with my thoughts and hopefully to get those of others. I know that YouTube had comments but my gut feeling is that you are more likely to get a discussion going here than there.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Funnily enough I was just about to PM @axelson on his thoughts about this :003: We usually have separate threads for talks from major conferences and I think ECEU is one such conference, although any organiser from any of the conferences is welcome to do separate threads for each talk too.

@Lawrence_elixir - if you take a look in this section you will see the format we usually use. It’s basically:

  • A parent thread that lists all talks (with links to each talk thread on the forum) (example)
  • A thread for each talk with the youtube video embedded into the first post, along with a description (example)
  • Adding a tag for each thread, so in this instance it would be elixirconfeu2019

How does that sound Lawrence? If you’d like to do this I have made the first post in this thread a wiki which means you can edit it beyond the edit time limit and so can treat it as the parent thread for all talks :023:

If you get stuck with anything, feel free to PM me or @axelson :smiley:

Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir OP

Thanks @AstonJ for your feedback. Yes this makes sense, adding each new video as a new talk thread under learning resources>talks. The thing is, all the talks are not live yet, so what I will do is:

Make list of all talks at conference: Add links as they become live.

If I get lost, ill send you a message :grinning:

Thanks
Lawrence

simon

simon

I need to get better at browsing the categories than concentrating on the ‘all categories’ front page. I’d completely missed the Talks sub-category. :flushed:

axelson

axelson

Scenic Core Team

@Lawrence_elixir that sounds great! I like to space out the posting of talks anyway. It helps facilitate discussion around each video thread.

greyhwndz

greyhwndz

@Lawrence_elixir, there are still videos that are still to be uploaded right?

Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir OP

@greyhwndz hi, oh yes, many! Will get the ones that have been released so far up today, and then they’ll be added one a day, 2 on fridays, as we all need a weekend :slight_smile:

Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir OP

Super, I’m pretty much copying your format :upside_down_face:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Talks Top

bartblast
This is the follow-up to my ElixirConf EU talk in Malaga, which was mostly about the local-first problem and where sync engines stand on ...
New
CodeSync
The Everything App - Lars Wikman | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class="hashtag-icon-placeholder"><...
New
CodeSync
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash &amp; Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY ...
New
CodeSync
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
CodeSync
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New Comments...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews