evolvingdev

evolvingdev

I’ve installed tailwindcss but oddly can’t get alpinejs to work unless I link to a cdn, which defeats my goal. Added to that, when signing out via POW, I’m getting:

no route found for GET /session

I get the same error whether I use the POW after_sign_out_path or not. This error appears related to javascript as discussed here:

Pow session path not working

Somehow I think I’ve broken js in my Phoenix install.

My assets/js/app.js:

import "../css/app.scss"

import "alpinejs"

import "phoenix_html"

My lib/myapp/pow/routes.ex:

defmodule MyWeb.Pow.Routes do
  use Pow.Phoenix.Routes
  alias MyWeb.Router.Helpers, as: Routes

  def after_sign_in_path(conn), do: Routes.notification_path(conn, :index)

  def after_sign_out_path(conn), do: Routes.page_path(conn, :index)

end

From my app.html.eex navbar:

<%= link "Sign out", to: Routes.pow_session_path(@conn, :delete), method: :delete %>

Where do I begin to work out why this is happening?

Showing Posts 1 to 10

evolvingdev

evolvingdev OP

Yes, thanks, but is that necessary if I didn’t install phoenix with liveview?

Sebb

Sebb

Oh sorry, no thats just for liveview.

evolvingdev

evolvingdev OP

Thanks for the help and suggestion anyways!

wanton7

wanton7

Are you sure alpinejs is installed? Check your node_modules :wink:

evolvingdev

evolvingdev OP

Haha, I wondered the same earlier, thanks. But, yeah, and it’s package.json:

    "name": "alpinejs",
    "version": "3.2.1",
    "description": "The rugged, minimal JavaScript framework",
    "author": "Caleb Porzio",
    "license": "MIT",
    "main": "dist/module.cjs.js",
    "module": "dist/module.esm.js",
    "unpkg": "dist/cdn.min.js",
    "dependencies": {
        "@vue/reactivity": "^3.0.2"
    }
}
kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Where is alpinejs? I don’t see it in the dependencies… unless You are showing package.json from alpinejs in node_modules.

evolvingdev

evolvingdev OP

Yes, that’s the package.json file from myapp/assets/node_modules/alpinejs.

Here’s what I get from:

cd myapp/assets/

npm list --depth=0

assets@ /Users/Me/dev/myapp/assets
├── @babel/core@7.14.6
├── @babel/preset-env@7.14.7
├── @tailwindcss/forms@0.3.3
├── @tailwindcss/typography@0.4.1
├── alpinejs@3.2.1
├── autoprefixer@10.2.6
├── babel-loader@8.2.2
├── copy-webpack-plugin@5.1.2
├── css-loader@3.6.0
├── hard-source-webpack-plugin@0.13.1
├── mini-css-extract-plugin@0.9.0
├── node-sass@4.14.1
├── optimize-css-assets-webpack-plugin@5.0.8
├── phoenix_html@2.14.3 -> /Users/Me/dev/myapp/deps/phoenix_html
├── phoenix@1.5.9 -> /Users/Me/dev/myapp/deps/phoenix
├── postcss-loader@4.2.0
├── postcss@8.3.5
├── sass-loader@8.0.2
├── tailwindcss@2.2.4
├── terser-webpack-plugin@2.3.8
├── webpack-cli@3.3.12
└── webpack@4.46.0
wanton7

wanton7

Do you have

let liveSocket = new LiveSocket("/live", Socket, {
  params: {_csrf_token: csrfToken},
  dom: {
    onBeforeElUpdated(from, to){
      if(from.__x){ window.Alpine.clone(from.__x, to) }
    }
  }
})

as mentioned here How to combine Phoenix LiveView with Alpine.js · FullstackPhoenix

evolvingdev

evolvingdev OP

My install of phoenix is without liveview, so I should need that, right?

wanton7

wanton7

Oh then you don’t need it. If it works from cdn then alpinejs is not loaded correctly. Have you checked browser’s dev tools console for errors?

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews