reichert621
Hi everyone!
A buddy and I recently started working on Papercups with the goal of building an open source Intercom competitor
We’re pretty new to Elixir, but it just seemed like the perfect tool for the job. We’ve been having a lot of fun with it lately, but would love to get feedback from more seasoned Elixir devs!
Here’s a demo of our chat widget if you want to play around with it https://app.papercups.io/demo
We also have some Github issues set up if you want to contribute ![]()
Excited to be a part of such a great community!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Werner
That’s really very interesting, I’ve always thought Elixir would be great for that.
exjutsu
Cool project!
dandersson
Very nice!
Thought about XMPP support? We currently use Olark for live chat and Adium (on Mac) as client software. This way we don’t have to have the chat as a browser window AND we don’t have to live with the (currently) crappy chat software that some of the other provides have created.
We can simply use standardised XMPP clients.
We’re looking to migrate from Olark because of its crappy loading times (PageSpeed/Lighthouse).
reichert621
Haven’t thought about it yet, but seems like a great idea! I’m honestly not too familiar with XMPP, but I created a new thread in our repo to discuss Investigate XMPP support · Issue #75 · papercups-io/papercups · GitHub
Still pretty busy just trying to get all the basic stuff working, but would love to tackle this in the near future if possible! If you have any additional thoughts on it, feel free to post in the issue above
ion
This looks very promising, nice project! Just wanted to mention some features enterprise users might need:
reichert621
Thanks! We have a way to set customer metadata on the chat widget (GitHub - papercups-io/chat-widget: Papercups chat widget · GitHub) but it could definitely be improved
When you say “assigning a manager to customer support account”, do you mean having a manager/admin role in the dashboard to manage your customer support agents, or do you mean assigning an agent to a given customer?
ion
The
customermetadata is exactly what I meant, perfect!Yes, I mean having a Manager role to manage customer support agents, because most enterprise use cases would involve tight control over the agent registration and assignment process. You might have different support agent tiers for a Manager to assign and track agents. And, with the
customerobject available, some customers might have dedicated agents (or tiers) assigned to them based on priority or availability.reichert621
Got it, makes a ton of sense! That’s definitely on our roadmap
dandersson
If this materialises, we’ll be one of the first to sign up for a yearly support contract!
jayjun
I was excited then bummed to learn the mobile client is in React Native. Most apps are still native iOS and Android, but more importantly, Flutter is fast becoming the cross-platform choice for greenfield projects.
I know you don’t have a ton of engineering bandwidth and your web client is already written in React. But do consider native and Flutter libraries when expanding your team. All the best!