florish

florish

Hi! Our company is currently looking for a new customer support system.

As we build our own products with Elixir and Phoenix, we thought it would be nice to start using a customer support system built with Elixir.

A quick search lead me to Papercups, see https://papercups.io/ and An open source alternative to Intercom/Drift/etc for more info. Unfortunately, that project seems to be in maintenance mode for over a year now, which does not make it feasible for us.

Does anybody know about other options built in Elixir?

Without going into too much detail, we basically need an e-mail support system, where incoming support questions can be assigned to a specific person. We do not need other features like live chat and marketing e-mail, it is just for product support.

We prefer a hosted solution and are willing and able to pay for that, but self-hosted options are welcome too, as long as they are still actively maintained.

Thanks in advance!

Showing Posts 1 to 7

regex.sh

regex.sh

A genuine question: Why don’t you build such a system and open-source it? Or build upon Papercups and expand it? Make it more modular?

florish

florish OP

Why don’t you build such a system and open-source it? Or build upon Papercups and expand it? Make it more modular?

Hi @regex.sh, thanks for the reply! As we already have a product we are building, expanding and supporting, it wouldn’t be feasible for us to also build and maintain our own customer support system. So it’s a matter of limited capacity (time) and also focus.

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

My company (AmberBit https://www.amberbit.com) re-built Keeping, and we’re still actively working on it, me personally included too. It’s a support system that integrates with GMail. The back-end is entirely in Elixir (a rewrite from Java), and is Google-certified and has thousands of active users.

florish

florish OP

Wow, great! Seems like a good fit for us, we’ll definitely give it a try. Thanks!

Other suggestions are still welcome of course :slight_smile:

roeland

roeland

Hi Hubert,

Keeping looks really good. Thanks!

We currently send messages to our agent and customers depending on the status and time since last response. This is partly available in the SLA Automation, but we also want to remind our customers that we are waiting on their response. Do you have any plans on adding such rules (Monitors in Kayako and Supervised Rules in ZohoDesk) and if so, when would it be available?

CodyD

CodyD

Hey @roeland - Cody, founder of Keeping here!

We have a suite of features slated for development (likely to come in early 2024), that would include what you describe. We plan on expanding our automations and SLAs to include a “Reply with Template” action that could be triggered based on conditions you set.

As an aside, Elixir (and Phoenix/Oban) has scaled with us very nicely since we launched in 2019 - we love the ecosystem and community!

Cheers,
Cody

roeland

roeland

Thank you for the information.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews