dbsimmons64
Hi All.
This isn’t really an Ash question but more a Spark question so I hope it is ok posting here.
I’m writing, yet another, admin type library. The library uses a map to describe various entities like input fields or columns in a table (index view). Below is a simplified example
def table() do
%{
columns: [
%{
name: :first_name,
icon: %{
name: "hero-envelope",
position: :after,
colour: [&get_icon_colour/1, [:record, :some_other_arg]]
}
},
%{
name: :last_name,
icon: [&get_icon/1, [:record]],
colour: "yellow"
},
%{
name: :age,
icon: "age-icon"
}
]
}
end
The nice thing about the above approach is that I can define a key value as a string or a map or even a function (see above for the definition of icon for the three columns).
However, I really like the Spark DSL approach but before I dive into Spark, is the above possible. I was thinking of something like:
columns do
column :first_name do
icon do
name "hero-envelope"
position :after
colour do
function(&get_icon/1)
args [:record, :some_other_arg]
end
end
end
column :last_name do
icon do
function &get_icon/1
args [:record]
end
colour "yellow"
end
column age do
icon "age-icon"
end
end
cheers
Dave
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
With that said: Everything you’ve described above is possible with spark, including the anonymous functions
dbsimmons64
Great stuff. many thanks @zachdaniel